Fragmented Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fragmented Tales

Bringin' Roleplay back to how it was. If you are new here, do not fret to ask questions. We are here to help you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Executioner
Cirque D'Ciel IX

Chinese zodiac : Rooster

The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter Empty
PostSubject: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 pm

~Quicksilver: Dance of Bullets.~

How long as it been since this Armamentalist has ever tasted the chilling winds of a grueling fight, facing strong opponents with mysterious powers that no lesser being can possess? That thrill lasted years ago went he was still in training. Because of this, the male was slowly becoming soft while settling down to the peaceful life. That all changed when his friends and family were slain while Cirque was still a teenager. Fate has played a nasty trick on him, and now he walks the world while continuing what he does best: Discovering new Fources while getting stronger in the process. At his early age of adulthood, the male was a dangerous force to be reckoned with--attacking whoever dares to threat him in any sort of fashion--it was his way of expressing how much he loath those who wish to kill just for the fun of it. During his journey, Revolento eventually came across a registration booth to attend some tournament where people would go and fight to reach the top. Sadly, there wasn't any sort of prize given out; but Cirque isn't the kind of person who attends tournaments for money or fame. The real prize for all of this was getting stronger in the process. "Hmm, this seems like an interesting opportunity to go and further my research." Revolento said, laughing under his breath while taking a pen from within his pockets and sign his name. Somewhere along the lines of the registration sheet, he noticed some familiar names that shoot through his mind like a bullet. "Ah, so the elf and the 'god' has joined this circuit as well?" He questioned to himself, finishing his signature and placing his pen within his portable pockets. "I guess if I somewhat win my first round, then I better be careful with those two." The Armamentalist said to himself, departing to his private quarters to await for tomorrow.

The next morning, Cirque slowly arises from his slumber as he quietly rub his eyes to sharpen his faint vision. "Ahh... Today is the day of the tournament, time to get ready." Cirque begins to take his time by sprucing up himself by taking a shower, brushing his teeth, eating some breakfast, ... brushing his teeth once more to clear out the remains of food within his mouth, changing into his trademark clothing and setting out to where the tournament will be taking place. As the male walked outside, he quickly notice his mare who was currently grazing around in her area. When Cirque approached her, the horse neighed in glee in her way of saying 'Good Morning.' Patting the horse on the muzzle, the boy greeted her in return and added-- "Elizabeth, I'm going to be attending to a tournament today. Wish me luck!" Elizabeth was a bit worried to know that her owner is going out to fight someone else, once again. From looking into his eyes, she could tell that her fight wasn't going to be that important. With that, she felt a bit relieved to know that it wasn't going to be serious, now she went and neigh in way of saying goodbye to him. Laughing and saying goodbye in return, the boy quietly walks towards the distant land that stood still before him and disappears upon the horizon.

Crystals can be seen glowing some sort of soothing limelight throughout the large opening within a cool cavern. The crystals acted as a light source for those who have a problem seeing through the dark. In the middle of the cave battleground, the Armamentalist was reclining on top of a large crystal-covered stalagmite that uprooted from the ground years ago. Cirque thought it would been a great idea to wait around in this position while awaiting for his opponent to arrive. While he was waiting, the boy went and begins his meditation. This sort of technique was trying to become one with the environment. His motive wasn't to manipulate the entire arena itself, but to study the surroundings while manifesting and probably upgrading his Funeral Fource by using the material around his being. Of course, the environment itself welcomed him with open arms. "Simply amazing, I never expect to see such beauty from the depths of this beautiful cave such as this one." He cooed in glee. "I wonder what other things I might find in here?" The male's Fource started to spread throughout the cavern, seeing how many materials that Revolento can study and manifest within his Fource while awaiting for his opponent to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Black Rock Shooter
Gaurds/Army
Black Rock Shooter

The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:46 pm

"This is a good opportunity...."

The mysterious Other Self known as Black Rock Shooter hadn't engaged in a battle outside of the Other World in quite some time. She regularly battled to help her human half, Mato Kuroi endure her pain, but Black Rock Shooter wasn't sure of how sharp she was now that she was learning emotions. So when she heard of the Deus Ex Machina Tournament, she entered right away.

On the day of the fight, Black Rock Shooter entered the cave, searching for her opponent. Sapphire eyes scanned the walls for any signs of life. She eventually came to a large crystal and spotted a figure seated atop it. There were no other signs of life in this cave, so it was apparent that this person was her opponent. He didn't seem to be awake, but he didn't appear to be sleeping either, so the Other Self concluded that he was meditating.

"Meditating when there's a fight to be had?" She thought to herself, closing her eyes. "Strange, but at least it gives me the chance to make the first move."

Black Rock would then open her eyes. As she did, a blue flame sprung from her left eye. She then raised her right arm and allowed her oversized gun, Rock Cannon to form on it. Keeping her other hand ready to grab her katana, Black Blade if necessary, Black Rock Shooter aimed the cannon toward the figure. But the aim was much too low to strike the male directly. This was because the intended target was not him, but the crystal he sat on. Aim set, Black Rock Shooter opened fire. Bullets streamed from the firearm at 20 rounds per second. Three seconds of fire would produce 60 bullets, all of which would hit the crystal in rapid succession, causing it to shatter underneath the meditating figure. Would this catch him off guard and leave him open to further attack? That remained to be seen, but if nothing else, this manuver would serve to alert the opponent to Black Rock Shooter's presence and indicate that the fight was on.

Last edited by Black ☆ Rock Shooter on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To finish it! Duh!)
Back to top Go down
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Executioner
Cirque D'Ciel IX

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh, the male understand that his opponent was nearby once she set her foot within the cavern itself; it was mainly because his Funeral Fource that spread throughout the area alerted him of her presence. If he didn't activate before first hand, then he wouldn't acknowledge her appearance. Sitting down on this floor was a chance of being left unguarded, but that doesn't mean that he was completely vulnerable. As soon as the strange robotic woman materialized-looking mini-gun of some sort that connected to her arm, Cirque started to question to how heavy that weapon was on her arm. From the look of her small body, it was enough for the thing to be beyond heavy for just one robot girl to lift... 'and probably have her hand ripped off from the mass weight of the said object.' Anyhoo, back to the main session at hand; Revolento finally opened both of his eyes as his newly empowered Funeral Fource vanishes within his body. "Lets see what my new power can really do, shall we?" He thought to himself, he cut himself short when she notice the opponent taking her attention towards the crystal below him. Why on earth would she go and do that, is she insane? "No... this is a part of nature, she couldn't possibly tear it down...!" He chuckled nervously, a bit concerned about this stalagmite that was starting to undergo heavy fire. The gunshots made it perfectly clear, she was trying to tear them down despite his expectations. Everyone should know that Cirque wasn't the kind of male that wouldn't stand to this sort of thing. "Oh no, that isn't going to do at all..." He groaned, standing up from where he was sitting and draws out his blade that gleamed through the cave's dimness.

Kneeling down and placing his cursed gauntlet-covered hand on top of the crystal stalagmite, the weakened area from below started to materialize and strengthen it's lower surface to the point where it wasn't going to fall anymore. This was one of the many possibilities to his new and reformed Funeral Fource. He wasn't going to allow this constructed persona destroy something this beautiful that he couldn't bear the face to see it collapsed. Now, it was time to fight back against this robotic woman without having to be distracted by other things. Opening his armored hand to exposed his gloved palm, a brownish sphere of energy manifested from within his palm and started to glow while Revolento was focusing towards the female. From what it looks like, it seems that the male was trying to cast a spell that relates to the current Fource that is currently operating within the male's body frame. After he was done, he flew his arm all the way to his side as a shroud of sand starts to pour in from one direction that the woman was facing. The true intentions of doing this wasn't just to simply blind his opponent, but it was only used to slow her down for a brief moment until Cirque can safely travel to the ground.

Now, seeing that the sandstorm will probably obstruct her vision and hopefully her natural speed and hearing; Revolento raised his sword and leaps all the way into the air. Once then, the male swinged his sort to an angle to where he could actually hammer down the earth in one single wack. Slamming his trademark sword to the ground, a large crack started to spread out as one of Cirque's Funeral Fource offensive abilities started to activate. To where the woman was, a bunch of large stalagmites quickly arises from the ground and forcefully raised the woman and he heavy weapon in order to knock her down to the earthen floor... That is, if the attack manage to catch her off guard, which it probably did. If the attack did land on her, it really didn't do much since Cirque was using a sword instead of a hammer to execute his tactic, but it did manage to did some sort of damage to her body and mainly her heavy weapon that she was carrying around. If the attack didn't connect at all, then the Armamentalist would start to idly await for the woman to get his attention while maintaining some sort of attack position. As the sandstorm slowly started to die down a bit, the boy was standing idly from off the ground while currently standing in a attack position. "You will not damage one of mother nature's flawless pieces of artwork, I suggest you to keep your attention towards me instead." He yelled, making the sandstorm ceased to a halt. As of now, Cirque was only waiting for this woman to get back up... Or was waiting for her to focus on him, whichever scenario comes in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 am

"Hey what gives?" complained Shale. "Don't you guys have cameras or something? I can't see anything!"

Shale sat in her seat expecting to watch a show but could only see the surface of the stage in which the competitors were far below. Didn't this heavenly place have a TV or crystal ball? Where was the maintenance crew? Already she could hear loud sounds rumbling through the earth make their way to her, but there was no way she could get a visual based on that, not with how distorted they became due to the inconsistencies in the rock and soil.

Hopefully one of the two fighters would shatter the ground and break out to the surface before she got bored and killed a peanut seller. Or better yet, she could simply hope they get their viewing apparatus turned on. Shale cupped her cheek and sighed gazing up to the top of the arena.

As annoying as it was to her, this would be advantageous to the winner of the fight as Shale would learn nothing of their abilities which she was actually more interested in for the sake of entertainment but would invariably learn from in the process. Perhaps some other fighters or friends were also watching. She scanned the crowds. While some of the fighters might be afraid to sit next to her, Shale wasn't really the worrisome type. She was for better or worse confident in her level of alertness.

She didn't seem to find anyone as of yet, but she did find lots of food stands. She shrugged. At least the food here was good, though overpriced if you paid for it. Luckily such civil acts were beneath her. As there was no way to watch the fight and she really couldn't hope to hear anything accurately with this many people she went and raided the nearest hotdog stand actually lifting up the whole rolling BBQ and setting it down in front of her seat with the terrified seller still inside a small carriage.

Despite her attractive fragile looks a mere grunt was all that was necessary to intimidate the young boy into temporary slavery after her recently pulled stunt. Shale stuffed a hotdog into her mouth and chewed apathetically. The boy remained at work whilst the match persisted, being her personal griller. She ate constantly waiting for a source through which to view the match; and she wasn't the only disappointing customer, many curious spectators in the crowd boo'ed hoping to watch the fight as well.
Back to top Go down
Black Rock Shooter
Gaurds/Army
Black Rock Shooter

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Black Rock Shooter lowered Rock Cannon as soon as she saw the crystal begin to reform. She did not how and why it was happening, but she sensed a strange power emanating from the male figure, so it could only be surmised that he was the cause of the strange occurrence. Black Rock would step back a bit and look up at her opponent, seeing him focus a strange energy in her direction. She raised her Cannon to counter what she believed to be a magical projectile attack, but she was instead met with a sandstorm. The Other Self covered her face with her left arm and squeezed her right eye shut to block the offensive substance. However, the flame streaming from her left eye protected it by burning up any grains that flew in it.

The next thing Black Rock Shooter would notice was the stalagmites that rose from the ground and caught her in a stone grip. As soon as the earthy spikes ensnared her torso, she raised her right arm- the one holding Rock Cannon, only to swing it down at the advancing stalagmites and crush them under its weight. One would assume this action would snap the Other Self's arm like a twig, but she wouldn't have this weapon at all if she couldn't use it well. Despite her small stature and slim figure, Black Rock Shooter possessed superior physical strength that was only enhanced further by the presence of her eye flame. This strength allowed her to wield the large firearm with relative ease and use it not only as a firing weapon, but as a melee weapon and shield as well.

With the immediate threat removed, the Other Self aimed downwards and shot at the base of the stalagmites holding her body, breaking them in half and causing her to fall the small distance she had been lifted. Black Rock landed lightly on the floor and looked at her opponent, hearing him berate her for attempting to bring down the crystal as the sandstorm died down. She simply shook her head and replied via her trademark telepathy.

"I don't care about that crystal either way. Now that I have your attention, I will be focusing on defeating you."

With that, She raised Rock Cannon and aimed straight at the male, immediately letting loose a flurry of bullets at his upper body. His ability to avoid them would depend entirely on his inherent speed and agility, but if they did hit, they would do grievous harm to his body and if any hit his head, he would die instantly. If the shots were completely evaded, the Other Self would stop firing and watch for any more magic tricks while waiting for another chance to attack.
Back to top Go down
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Executioner
Cirque D'Ciel IX

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:36 pm

So, it seems that the woman doesn't have a difficult time holding that 'behemoth of a weapon' around her arm at all times. It seems pretty odd, seeing how this woman can easily carry her heavy machine gun with such ease. Revolento started to have second thoughts about this woman. At a closer glance, he notices that the woman look, talk, and act so lifeless as if she was nothing more than a tank with artificial intelligence. Not only that, but he also found out that she doesn't even possess any sort of magical traits at all. Excluding the fact that she possesses a odd essence of Fire Fource within her body, mainly her head. ' This female... she does somewhat contain a spiritual energy within her body, but it feels like it connects to somewhere else.' Revolento said within his thoughts. This was probably the first time he ever come across something like this, aside from the fact that most creature who can slightly relate to Black Rock Shooter is Golems. But, that's beside the case. "Shameful, I can't believe that a machine such as yourself would go that far into destroying nature when your body and weapons are completely made out of it." The male said, noticing some small heat radiation coming from the insides of the machine gun. "I guess it's time for me to show you what happens when you go against the power of nature itself..." Without a moment to lose, Cirque's body started to become covered with a noticeable surge of electrical power that slightly moved the grains of sand around him away from his position.

This process shows that the male has activated his Gale Fource.

With this Fource activate, the ability causes his circulatory and his nervous system to increase his reflexes and mobility. Not only that it affects his body, but his brain is also increased in order for the male to keep up with the enhanced reaction speed to make slight accurate predictions to his attacks. That's not all, my friends; oh there's a lot more things that this wondrous Fource can actually do. Since, the Gale Fource concentrates the elements of air and electricity inside and outside the user's body, Cirque's natural weight, along with his armor's weight drastically decreases to the point where his movements are much more agile and difficult to hit. Not only that, but the male was given the ability of flight thanks to the air element of the Gale Fource. With this, Cirque was motivated to take down this machine of war in order to protect the cave around the both of them.

As the woman starts to open fire towards the male, Revolento immediately move his enhanced body to the opposite direction that the the opponent was firing from, by heading far off to Shooter's right. Switiching his sword to his left and and shifting it into a swinging position, the male covered his enchancted blade in some sort of purple aura that covered the sharp edges of the blade. With that, the boy swinged the blade to his right shoulder and recoils his blade to strike Black Rock Shooter's preoccupied arm. The aura that was placed within the blade activated by caused the female's mechanical arm's become more softer and weaker than normal, making her functional arm much more vulnerable to the point where it'll slightly tear apart. If the female manage to avoid the attack which will be a bit difficult to react since the boy is a lot more faster with reflexes than her, then the male will place both hands on the hilt of the blade and stabs the woman's machine gun by going through the side of it's surface while activating the weakening abilities of the aura covered sword to easily slice the machine gun apart. Afterwards, the male would simply back away once the attack was done.

If the woman failed to counteract the first attack, then Cirque would take the cursed gauntlet that was unfortunately bounded to the male's hand and presumably his soul. The male quickly latches the claws of his gauntlet on Black Rock Shooter's face. " You have an interesting Fource, ma'am. " He said, activating his Fire Fource from within his hand and drains the elemental essence of the flames that usually ignites the woman's eye. " Mind if I take it? " He continued as the gauntlet started to burst into a blue flame. With that, the gauntlet shoots out a blast of burning energy right into her face. The blast of the attack caused the claws to lose grip of the female's face. But, it really doesn't matter; at least he absorbed enough essence for his Fire Fource. With that process finished, his gauntlet shifted back to the same Fource that Cirque was using seconds ago. Which ever event came first didn't matter. Once his attack succeded or failed, the male spoke by saying-- "Before we continue on with this, allow me to introduce myself: My name is Cirque D'Ciel IX, Armamentalist Master of the Fource! May I ask of your name, mysterious maiden with a heartless malice desire made of steel?"

Last edited by Presumptuousness on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Black Rock Shooter
Gaurds/Army
Black Rock Shooter

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 pm

So the male had avoided her fire. Black Rock Shooter anticipated this, but Cirque had moved much, much faster than he did before. Her eyes darted to her right as she ceased fire and attempted to move backwards to avoid the coming attack, but the male's speed was indeed superior to hers. The sword succeeded in slicing Rock Cannon to pieces which then fell off of the Other Self's arm and disappeared in the same visual fashion in which the gun appeared.

The next action would take Black Rock Shooter by surprise. The male had gripped her face with the bizzare looking glove on his hand. Hearing his speak of something called "Fource" piqued her curiosity, but her survival instincts were far greater in intensity. Narrowing her sapphire blue eyes, Black Rock Shooter reached for the katana on her right hip and drew it in a span of a single second. Just as the gauntlet began to drain energy from her eye flame, Black Blade emerged from its sheath and sliced through the males arm, cutting it clean off just above the elbow. The chance that this manuever would succeed would depend on whether or not that strange glove would interfere with it, or if Cirque would be able to avoid the attack with his heightened speed. But whether it succeded or failed, the girl would introduce herself as her opponent did.
"I am a warrior of the Other World. The Other Self of Mato Kuroi. And my name is...

Black ☆ Rock Shooter."
Back to top Go down
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Executioner
Cirque D'Ciel IX

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 am

From what the woman just did was pretty much a smart move to take out the male's arm. Without it, then it was going to be difficult for the male to transfer his Fource abilities into the weapons he posses. However, that doesn't stop Cirque from casting any spells, of course! ... Though, this sort of move would have hindered the boy if it wasn't for his 'enchanted armor' that easily stood against the attack as if it was nothing. Moreover, seeing how the woman resorted to attacking him carelessly only made him think-- 'Hum, that's certainly isn't going to work...' With that said within his thoughts, the male blast the mechanical woman away by using the same stored energy that he gained from her eye earlier ago. After the attack was finished and the woman revealed her veiled name to the Armamentalist warrior, the male couldn't help but laugh slightly from that; It seems that the name seems a bit queer to going around the world with, especially when going around and dealing with strong foes such as this one. "Such an... interesting name, my dear." The male replied. "Though, I really think that you need to find a different name other than that one. You should title yourself as La Femme Rouge" Cirque wasn't really good with names, since he doesn't like masking himself with a different name and having to come up with something that makes him look and sound like some generic anti-hero.

"You should know that laying there will result into leaving yourself vulnerable to the opponent, I could take the victory just like that." He said, walking over to Black Rock Shooter and helps her off the ground, the least he can do is be a gentlemen to her. He wonders for what reason does she has to fight, the woman will probably die against whoever she goes up against first. Luckily, Cirque isn't the kind of person who follows the rules and registration when entering this tournament. Despite the fact that he's ordered to kill the loser, Cirque will never even go that far to go and slaughter anyone without a purpose. "Ma'am, why did you join this tournament? You do know that you might die against the next person if you continue to press on." He said, caressing the woman's pale cheeks with his soft hands. After that was done, he slowly move away from the woman and starts to go into attack position. Noticing that the woman was without her machine gun and her 'fire', Cirque probably degraded her into a regular fighter with a sword. Even though, looks can be deceiving. "... Tell you what; If you want me to, I can face you with only my sword and nothing more. I can even be generous by removing my armor to fight you as well, if that's what you want?"
Back to top Go down
Leangle
Awesomeness
Leangle

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:51 pm

"Man this thing is running too slow, guess i can give them a little encouragement".

A annoyed voice had pipped up from the stands, the person whoose voice this had belonged to stood at a about six feet with a few more inches on his height, he wore a black suit jacket that was covered with a blue dress shirt, black slacks, with a pair of black dress shoes to go with his "formal" attire. His hair was a sky blue type of color with the top part of his head being spikey while the bottom of his hair was pulled into a pony tail at the back, his skin was fair but still was a little pale, his eyes were a crimson red color that had a look of enjoyment not of what was happening in the battle but what he was going to do. The reason why this man was here in the stands was because he was the "Sponser" that The Black Knight had decided to invite to join in on the arrangment, while he decided to make a bet on who would win with him betting this battle on the young man, he didn't really care who he was and what he could do, he just wanted to see some violence.

The Young "Sponser" had noticed the elf in the stands, he knew that this was another contestant that had participated, he had given the win of her match against a demon to her seeing as how he had gotten rather bored with that match, knowing that there was another who had won his match, which only ment that he could only have fun in this and another match. "Well then seeing as how he will only let me summon him twice, I better get a move on before he gets pissed". Said the Sponser as he pulled out a Denix Lonestar .45 Revolver which was motiffied a little bit and inserted a red stone into it's barrel, and gotten ready to fire before mummbling a few words under his breath. "Oh Poison of God, invoke your magnificent wrath onto these fools and rip them asunder, I call on you Samael"!. The last bit was all that was understood as the man shot the red stone into the area which the two warriors were battling in, with the only thing being heard was the loud impact the stone made as it summoned the creature, but all that was seen was the purple glow that spread through the area in a matter of minutes. Knowing that his Summon probablly would reach them he revoked the Summon but even though the creature was brought back the spell didn't. The man coughed a bit and spoke up with his voice only being heard by the people around and the warriors who were currently fighting. "Well then i've decided to make this fight interesting, for the two warriors currently battling you have thrity-five minutes untill the deadly toxin that i released will start to eat away at your insides, don't try to avoid it because by now you probablly already breathed it in. That was all the man said as he sat down in his seat and waited for what to happen next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:25 pm

"Oh sweet they got the TV working..." Shale causally swiped the hotdog stand and personal hotdog slave out of the way bringing about full view of the monitor. What was this though? The the spokesman was gonna interfere by poisoning the combatants? Shale couldn't really tell if it was true, but from what the fancy male fighter in the suit had said: the girl he was fighting was a robot. If this was the case the poison would obviously be more likely to damage only him. Shale herself knew of ways to poison robots but this faint gas cloud was surely too dissipated to have any effect. Some of her wanted to complain for the unfairness in case such a bias tactic was used on her, but the wizard guy looked like he might be starting to take a lead anyway. That, and it was the wizard's words that the strange pale skinned girl was a robot, not something she had deduced on her own. Now the question came based on how they reacted, whether or not they were susceptible and whether the poison could even get in the caves. Shale had a feeling it would likely collect down there if it was denser than air.

She didn't really care who won, nor did she really have much pity for their possible misfortune with the intrusion of poison. It was not like she would ever be taught respect for what she was told were inferior species by her racist and narcissistic mother, nor obviously sympathy for misfortune and unfairness on the battlefield by her barbaric and ruthless father. As for her adoptive parents the orange bearded warlock that had raised her and her father before her, he was loving but only in ways geared to teach power strength and wisdom. And ironically the only one that tried to teach her sympathy was her kidnapper that raised her from age three to six and used to be an infamous slayer of castle towns, women, children, and guards alike. Not all too surprisingly, she wasn't a very convincing teacher. So it wasn't like Shale felt any reason to care about the lives slaughtered in this tournament anymore than the ones she brought to an end herself in the coliseum she'd lived in during her twenties and thirties.

There was reason to watch though. These weren't just peasants collected off the street that could be brushed aside in a single strike, or cocky knights from foreign kingdoms out to make a name for themselves. The people she was to be fighting didn't even come from the same world. It only made sense that she learned what she could from both of them before they passed on.

She had to wonder what the motive was for these people though. Obviously they weren't stupid enough to believe in a wish were they? Maybe they were just addicts like her that lived for killing, or perhaps they saw this as training? She couldn't hear very well what they were saying as the TV didn't pick up sound that well and the roar of the crowd and the fact they were underground distorted any chance she had of using her own ears.

So far it seemed the wizard had parried an attack with his armor, Shale had to wonder if the pale girl only possessed a sword if she could find a vulnerable area to strike.
Back to top Go down
Black Rock Shooter
Gaurds/Army
Black Rock Shooter

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:04 pm

As soon as Black Blade ricocheted of the male's armor, she knew that her only possible manuver proved useless. And so, she let out a small cry as she was blown away by the blast from the gauntlet. She slowly sat up and looked at Cirque as he suggested another name for her.

"Interesting name, but if I recall correctly, 'Rouge' means red. Do you see red anywhere on me?" She asked, again through her mind.

Black Rock was about to get up herself when the male offered her a hand. She hesitantly took it and stood. She listened to his question, but flinched at what came with it. Was her opponent caressing her cheek? This indiviual's behavior confused her more and more every minute. However this was the first time she was treated with such good manners. 'Like a lady' as some would put it. This was new, as the Other Self never thought of herself in that way. Looking away , she answered his question.

"I joined this tournament because I wanted to test my skills. Besides, it doesn't matter if I die. My kind don't stay dead long. As long as my other half stays alive, I can never truly die." She explained.

As the male back away from her and took an offensive stance, she did the same. Hearing his offer to even the playing field, she shrugged.

"Do what you want, I don't--"

Her answer was interrupted by the sound of an explosion and the arrival of the poison. As the spokesman of the tournament announced that they only had thirty-five minutes to finish the fight, Black Rock Shooter scoffed and focused on her opponent.

"Well, it seems that the man in charge is getting impatient. I guess we should finish this quickly. Keep the armor on if you want." She said calmly. "If you don't mind, I'll make the first move."

With that, she charged at the male, Black Blade raised. Her first move was simple. She thrusted the black katana right at the opponent's chest, aiming for his heart. If this was successful, that was it for the confusing boy. If not, perhaps she would be finished off in the next few minutes. Being stripped of not only her most powerful weapon, Rock Cannon, but the eye flame that enhanced her strength, Black Rock Shooter was severely weakened and her chance of winning this fight was slim at best. However, she was not the type to just surrender when her back was against the wall. If she was going to go down, she was going to go down fighting.
Back to top Go down
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Executioner
Cirque D'Ciel IX

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:57 pm

An interesting ability that the Other Self has, something that most people try to achieve. The ability to be resurrect over time was something that anyone could dream; Sadly, it was impossible for some to achieve. Even the male himself could never possibly earn that through life, though he wasn't the kind of person who cares to be resurrected. If he dies, then he won't go out of his way through heaven or hell to get himself back to the world. "That's wonderful, I really don't have the grief about accidentally killing you during this battle~!" Hearing that was like a heavy weight being pulled off his shoulders, Cirque wasn't the kind of person to kill without a reason. It was wrong and dishonorable, who would ever sought into killing just for the fun of it? Whatever the case may be, the male would not stand for it at all. Cirque was probably going to either ask her out for a cup of tea, or try to make her have conversational discussion with him more. Oh the endless possibilities to actually make friends with this machine. It seems quite odd, but it doesn't hurt to try at all. Now; the time for battle was about to begin! As soon as he awaited for the woman's reply to his offering, the male eyes got distracted from a large force of energy that burst through the arena itself. It was a summon, but did it belong to the woman? No; it was one of the judges who was hosting the tournament that summoned it. "Hmm, what's th--..." Revolento immediately cut himself short when he noticed that his body was acting a bit... queer.

"... Pity, it seems that I was envenomed by that summon." He said within his thoughts, a bit disappointed that he didn't get to learn about Black Rock Shooter. Looking to where it was fired, he heard the judge said-- "Well then, I've decided to make this fight interesting. For the two warriors currently battling, you have thirty-five minutes until the deadly toxin that I released will start to eat away at your insides. Don't try to avoid it; because by now you probably already breathed it in." Thirty five minutes was more than enough to easily finish this battle, but for what reason did he do that? Was it because the owner got bored of Cirque being nice to his opponent? Whatever the case was, he has to end it fast. "Hum, I picked the wrong day to start out fighting as a human." He said to himself, taking his attention back to his opponent and reverts back into his fighting stance. "Black Rock Shooter; If I win this battle, survive this tournament and await for you get revived later on in time, why don't we have some tea with me the next time we meet. My treat.~" With that said, he glared down at her wounded body as he awaited for the woman to make the first move. Let's see how long can she keep up with this young male.

As the woman charged for his body, he noticed that she was attacking in a merciful thrust position as if she was making the final blow. But where was the attack heading towards, only to his heart nonetheless! Attacking the heart can be a highly critical situation once the said attack lands on it, Cirque would have to bother with trying to survive the first round without dying. Attacking the heart doesn't necessarily mark as an instant death, but it does make fighting back much more of a challenge than it is now. 'KLANG!' The sound of metal can be heard echoing throughout the arena itself as it continuously vibrated. The male's armor once again withstand the raw might of Black Rock Shooter's fatal attack. Since the male was currently using Gale Fource at this time, he could feel his rib cage rattle a bit after the woman's blade collided with his chest plate; it would have been devastating if the weapon manage to pierce his body with ease. Seeing how this weapon was the only thing that she had left, it was a shame that her time was about up. "... Oh dear, this is all you got?"

Taking his blade and swirling it clockwise to build up momentum within his attack, the male kicked the woman with his steel-toed boots and knocked her away from his position. While the woman wasn't in the proper condition to even move properly, the male places his sword to the side of his head and crouches down while closing his eyes. A yellow aura started to engulf him as he spoke the words-- "L'aveugle Biff!" In a bright flash, the male immediately 'teleported' 1 feet beyond the position he was in before. His back was turned, and he didn't say nothing but clean his blade with his hooded cape and withdrew his sword after the damage was done. "Miss Black Rock Shooter, you out of many of the people I've faced throughout my life showed me that strong essence of persistence and dedication while fighting against me. I am surprised you kept fighting even at the brink of your defeat, that make me want to praise you for doing such a reckless... but, courageous thing. It was fun while it lasted..." The thing is, he didn't actually teleported at all! Oh no; he was actually moving to a speed that even rivals the current speed of lightning whenever it touches the ground. That is one of the many uses of the Gale Fource. If the move successfully connects, then Black Rock Shooter's body would split into 8 large chucks of pieces and collapse to the floor as a pool of blood flooded the sand-covered floor with red crimson.
Back to top Go down
Black Rock Shooter
Gaurds/Army
Black Rock Shooter

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Yet another confusing move, asking her to have tea with him. However, this interested Black Rock Shooter. She's eaten pizza and several sweets, but she's never had tea before. It would make sense to accept the offer.

"Alright then, sounds good." She quickly gave the acceptance within the short span of time.

Her thrusting attack had no effect. That wasn't surprising. With an inward sigh, the reality of the situation truly struck the Other Self as she was kicked away by the boy.

"Damn... It's about time for me to admit defeat..." She thought to herself. Still, Black Rock refused to forfeit, for it was better to die like a warrior-- and in her case, return to life later on to fight again, than to surrender like a coward. All that was left was to face the final blow.

Knocked on her back once again, Black Rock Shooter dragged herself to her feet in time to see Cirque prepare his attack and speed past her at the speed of lightning, which she was in no shape to even try to avoid. She listened to his last words to her and gave a smirk as she offered her own parting words.

"It was fun. Thanks for giving me such a good challenge. I got some work to do, don't I? Hehe... I think I like you. I'll see you in the next life, Cirque D'Ciel IX. Until then... You'd better not die."

With that, the effects of the attack struck and the Other Self met her second end in a splatter of blood. However, instead of the crimson he was expecting, the blood was colored black and blue. Just as she said before, there was no red to speak of.

Back to top Go down
Aguri Madoka
Epic
Aguri Madoka

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 pm

The end of the fight was decided. Even though it was made clear that the losers would die, a death that gory struck the audience hard. Especially a certain woman-loving Chosen...

Said Chosen, named Zelos Wilder, broke down in sobs over the death of Black Rock Shooter.

"Nooooo! Such cuteness lost! I can't look! I can't loooook!!!" He shouted, hugging the woman next to him, Sheena Fujibayashi, who patted his back in an attempt to comfort him.

"There there, Zelos. It's alright." She said.

The other Chosen one that was there, Colette Brunel, looked like she was about to cry herself.

"This tournament isn't fair." She said sadly. "If all the losers have to die, then only the one who wins the whole thing will stay alive. I don't like it..."

The boy next to her, Lloyd Irving, put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"That may be true, but all of the contestants entered knowing that. And besides, that's not true. You heard Cirque, didn't you? Black Rock Shooter will come back to life after a little while." He said reassuringly.

Colette nodded.

"Yes, I know. I just don't want to see anyone else die." She said.

Lloyd frowned.

"I understand."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 pm

"Damn! Shale would loudly exclaim upon witnessing such a fast move. How the hell does he do that...?" She had to wonder if there was even a way to counter such a move. Luckily for her she was at least able to pick up the words used for such a spell. Hopefully without such a phrase such a move would be impossible.

It took her a while to think of a counter but after a few seconds a methodology was decided. Still that was a rather frightening ability. She could not be sure if anything happened for the TV showed not a single frame of the action. Though perhaps with her own eyes she might be able to barely see. There was no way to know. It sent shivers down her spine and she made another quick mental note to herself.

Hopefully she wouldn't have to fight him... Then again maybe if someone were to beat him that might spell something worse. Her confidence took a beating but adapting was half the game. The best thing for winning a fight wasn't skill in her opinion it was preparation and using the time one was given to place yourself in a position to win.

With the fight over she decided to get up off the bench and make her way to where her parents were. Perhaps a good talk with them would give her some ideas, they'd after all had much more experience in fights and might have some key advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter   The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Makara Tournament! Round 1: Revolento, the Young vs. Black Rock Shooter
Page 1 of 1