Fragmented Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fragmented Tales

Bringin' Roleplay back to how it was. If you are new here, do not fret to ask questions. We are here to help you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Writer's Weekly Challenge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Writer's Weekly Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Writer's Weekly Challenge   Writer's Weekly Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:48 am

Hello and welcome to Shale's school. I want you all to become better at writing and to do so you need to experience a variety of things to write about. These challenges are a competition, though I intend it to be one with the writer's past and present self. Some of you want to become better writers so I'm here to teach MY class, MY way, and this is how I'm going to do it.

Each week I will post a unique writing challenge and then at the end of the week everyone will cast their opinions on what they liked and disliked to give insight into how to become a better writer. This isn't for those without a stomach for criticism. Mean words are encouraged as much as nice ones. Though the purpose isn't about the critiquing as much as the writing, so without further ado, I give you my first week's challenge:

Challenge 1: "An Honorable Death"

In this challenge you will kill off your main character in your post. Make the death painful and sad to your reader, try and make your character die with honor or achieving a great sacrifice in death. The challenge in this post is to make your character more respectable and show how much they can endure or create a scenario in which they truly are standing up for something greater than themselves.
Back to top Go down
Shale
Token Elf
Shale

PostSubject: Re: Writer's Weekly Challenge   Writer's Weekly Challenge I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:46 am

Challenge 2: "Epic One liner"

One liners are often given a lot of bad press, but there is a time and place for everything. In this challenge you will do two things. First write a small paragraph or however much you need if it is more to set up the time and place for a one liner.

Second, acting like you are a different poster, reply to that paragraph with your one liner.
Back to top Go down
Shale
Token Elf
Shale

PostSubject: Re: Writer's Weekly Challenge   Writer's Weekly Challenge I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:45 pm

Challenge 3: "List of Likes and Dislikes"

It's time to make a character have more personality and depth than before. List the things your character is cool with, hates, likes, loves, enjoys eating, is annoyed by ect, Try to rank them from most significant to least and aim for 10 likes and 10 dislikes.

Ex: For Shale

1) Fairy stuff (Elves, pixies, seasonal nymphs, leprechauns, trees, mushrooms, salads, fruits, bow and arrows, healthy forests, cheesy, sugary pastries, mead and wine, serene rivers, isolated wonders of nature)

2) Barbarian stuff (steak, meat, adorable tasty mammals and birds, beer, mead, arm wrestling, fighting, tanking blows, battleaxes, war hammers, mighty feasts, taking things from the weak)

3) Holy magic (illumination, purging rays, healing, offensive enchantments against evil, defensive enchantments against evil, clerics, paladins, armamentalists, monks)

4) Exploring (discovering new plants, eating new animals, finding new people with different weapons and ideas)

5) Science (chemistry, biology, and especially them combined into organic chemistry, understanding how things work at the smallest level, building upon tiny facts to better understand the big picture, has a natural curiously about how life works since she is a spirit of it)

6) Living on the edge (putting her life in jeopardy, thinking of survival as a game, fighting things that are stronger than her, having to fight foes that are too strong to be beaten without setting up a trap)

7) Dark elf weapons (barbed wire whip, flaming oil lance, giant cave geckos, shifting smoke, portals

8) Thor (his creation of plants, elves, blacksmithing, and war, as well as bestowing the berserking ability, his bold raw strength, his lack of deception that shows even with honest fighting he can win)

9) Beefcakes (battle dwarves, barbarians, men who act like her father)

10) Colors (earth tones, plant tones, green, turquoise, brown, silver)
Dislikes:

1) Dark elf weapons (lazorax tounge, black ice blades, soul binding vessels, power snatching, sealing demons within flesh, giant intestinal wasps, enchanted oil, corrupted lifeforms, brain leeches, enchanted chains, enslaved ghosts, brainwashed humans, spiders, spiders, and more spiders, barbed armor, hypnosis chemicals, lower ranking dark elves, mind games that are too complex and convoluted to let her sleep at night)

2) Not being able to trust anyone or let her guard down because of dark elves, including friendships that have gone on for decades.

3) Loki (which includes his creations, dark elves, sprites which eat pixies and corrupt their mushrooms, his obsession with disception and underhanded tactics)

4) Parasites to life (Vampires, Zombies, Werewolves, some ghosts, demons)

5) Users of dark magic (raven mages, which are just a type of dark mage, life draining spells, death magic, flesh corruption magic, demon fusion, grotis worms, sacrificing magic, flesh snatching, body marionette magic)

6) Destruction of plants (forest fires, logging, arson, insect plague, pollution, spider infestations, corrupting trees into spies, careless destruction)

7) Food less preferred (lizards, insects, primates, amphibians, too much pasta or fish, clams, octopi, snails)

8) Snobs (people too obsessed with manners, people who compete with her own high level of vanity)

9) Colors less often preferred (red, yellow, and black)

10) Fighting wizards (magic can be a bitch)

-

-

-

-
Back to top Go down
E. Aster Bunnymund
Awesomeness
E. Aster Bunnymund

Chinese zodiac : Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Writer's Weekly Challenge   Writer's Weekly Challenge I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:22 pm

This looks kind of fun. I may give this a shot. Not sure with my Dante or Bunny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writer's Weekly Challenge   Writer's Weekly Challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writer's Weekly Challenge
Page 1 of 1