Fragmented Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fragmented Tales

Bringin' Roleplay back to how it was. If you are new here, do not fret to ask questions. We are here to help you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Started With a Train Heist

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What Started With a Train Heist Empty
PostSubject: What Started With a Train Heist   What Started With a Train Heist I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:31 am

Rufus had a cowboy hat, hide leather jacket, rough shaven stubble with enough swagger that some of the ladies still gave a giggle when he kissed their hands before taking their wedding rings. "Why I do thank you madam." He'd give a tip of his hat with his left hand while prodding her necklace with the tip of his pistol in his right. By the time he made his way to the caboose of the train the hat was stacked to the brim with cash and jewelry. "Hey Jimmy stop fraternizing with the ladies and get your ass over here!"

Another cowboy talking to one of the open carts almost lost his hat from the wind of his riding horse before sending his beast off to beat the backwards leading train and bring the tethered horse within range for Rufus to clumsily climb on top. He turned his head "YEE HA! LOOKS LIKE WE DID---" both of them were close-lined by a sudden tree branch.

"Sorry boys but I don't think any of this belongs to you!" Shale said holding up two bags of goods one which was stolen from the town the other being what the 'donation hat' had picked up from the train. She sprinted forward and with her powerful legs and jumped clearly onto one of the horses still holding the weighted bags in each arm.

Fazed Jimmy was just coming to. "But hey the town and the train are that way..." he groaned in a daze sitting up for just a long enough second to point the other way. Rufus slammed his fist on Jimmy's chest knocking him back down on his back so they were as equals staring up at the bright sun. He was in too much pain to blurt the obvious words: 'you idiot'.

Last edited by Shale on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Executioner
Cirque D'Ciel IX

Chinese zodiac : Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What Started With a Train Heist   What Started With a Train Heist I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Rushing Winds of the Red West

Some may say that foreign people usually trail away from places that doesn't contain urban civilizations due to getting less information. On the other hand, there are a few that usually take their journeys far throughout the entire world. One of these likely few happens to be a traveling Armamentalist who travels country to country in order to expand his research of his Fource Abilities and who or what they connect to spiritually. The male's attire was completely covered at the time, having some sort of large cloak hiding most of his body. The only clothing that made him slightly visible was the hooded area of the cloak, revealing his pure Caucasian-skinned face. Technically, the face he's formerly wearing for the time being isn't his real appearance. Later on in time, that boy will reveal his true nature when the opportunity is dire. that During his travels, the male overheard two vigilantes going to rob a passenger train today. How did he receive this information is a question to anybody. The male was starting to pursuit the said train on horseback, only to notice that the two marauders were beginning to take off. " I cannot allow those two to escape, even if it means using my abilities to do so. " He said under his breath, placing his hands right next to his sheathed blade that was a memento from a legendary Armamentalist who was his mentor and his step-father. Suddenly, the two bandits were knocked to the ground by... a tree branch? How were these two so oblivious of that branch? Stopping his mare from progressing further, the male would said-- " Well, it seems that dearest mother nature was on the side of justice this time. " Smiling under his hood, the Armamentalist whispered to his pet to stay where she was until he can grab a hold of the bandits who robbed the train.

Before the boy had the chance to mount off his trusty steed, an strange woman went and assulted the two bumbling theives who were still starstrucked after being wacked by the tree branch. Who could she be? She certainly wasn't human to the boy's eyes, it was as if she was more along the line as a imp. However, seeing how imps are much more smaller in comparison; pinning her down as one of those species will be obviously the idiotic thing to do. " Huh, I guess my opprotunity on stopping them has been thwarted..." He said, climbing back on his horse in order to leave the area. Until, he notice that the woman took off with one of the thief's horses. Not only that, but it seems that she's planning to take all of the stolen jewelry and keep it as her own. This is something that Cirque will not stand for. With that, he ordered his steed to take off after her, only to trample the bandits in the process. " This is what happens when you steal from the innocent, worthless cretins. " He shouted to the two individuals, commanding his horse to go even farther to catch up with the fleeing woman.

His first option wasn't to go and and attack the woman. Instead, he was planning to have a conversation with the woman in order to make her reconsider what she's planning to do with the stolen jewels. The least he can do is hope that his words actually sway her. As he catches up to the woman riding on horseback, the male's horse galloped right beside the other horse in order for Shale to acknowledge his presence. Before he spoke, the boy noticed that she contained two Fources in her possession. One who he has yet to discover, and the other one that is clutched between her... Oh god, it's burrowed within her cleavage. Now, the male was motivated to see what those two Fources are and possibly take them for himself. " Excuse me, m'lady. " The boy shouted to her side. " You do know that taking stolen jewelry is an act of thievery, I suggest you turn yourself in before the long arm of the law comes after you later on. I'm only saying this for your well being. "

Last edited by Presumptuousness on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Started With a Train Heist   What Started With a Train Heist I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Jimmy sat up, feeling his head a couple times, double checking his suspected theory, then looking out to the fleeing woman. "Hey Rufus... she stole my hat..."

"She stole you hat?" He gave Jimmy a punch to the shoulder. "You idiot, thousands of dollars worth of jewels are stolen and the first thing you worry about is your hat?"

A strange horseman appeared, stopping only shortly enough to pass on the words: "This is what happens when you steal from the innocent; worthless cretins" before his mighty steed left a hoof-print in Rufus' left kidney that had him coughing up blood. Before the injured hooligans could even recover the man was off full speed after the woman.

Shale's ears heard even the subtle mutterings of the man before, about him having some abilities, and was well aware of his presence before she turned her head or he presumed she could hear over the wind and thundering hooves. The mention of abilities made her curious though she kept this knowledge secret.

"Stolen?" She brought the horse down to a mellow canter and looked down at the jewels. A particular green one in the bag caught her eye for some strange reason. She held it up memorized for a second. It possessed magic that she did not see, but being a fairy she was in tune with fate and will of the gods to some extend, this gem was not of that level but the magic it possessed was of a similar nature. It was that of luck. Something to bend the course of reality into a new direction. While it might not be a very powerful gem, it was perhaps the most powerful force of all. She had to remember he was talking to her and set it back down... "Oh uh... I was gonna return them," she lied with a flawless face, and no hint that was doing so. "I know the town is in the other direction but the men chasing me would have been hard to loose in the open so I was heading for the safety of the trees."

She took off Jimmy's hat in a polite sort of fashion. "I'm Shale by the way."

In truth Shale had no need to fear this man or the bandits that she was aware of, but on occasion didn't mind doing the right thing. Although she was a barbarian she found it much better to leave the town in tact and not get on the bad side of the villagers. It was always hard to order food from a restaurant you almost destroyed a week ago after all, and there were towns where her face was known, feared and hunted. Though the man who was after her was in fact a traveler, she knew little of the inhabitants and mistook his identity as one of them. "With you here, I'm sure its safe to go back now." She smiled pretending to look like she was relieved. She handed him one of the bags before examining the green gem once more.

She noticed, as she was handing over the bag, that his eyes had glanced towards her breasts. She would have thought it a typical male reaction had she not been wearing a silvery leaf designed armor. Little did she know he could see Antimarri a jewel that converted dark magic into light magic. "Oh this?" she looked at the pauldron breastplate combo. Surely he had not heard of elves before and the design might have looked odd by human standards. With her hair covering her ears she was fairly confident he wouldn't surmise anything was out of the ordinary about her. "It was something I made twelve years ago." Considering she looked twenty this might have been a weird statement to make, though perhaps he would ignore that last detail.
Back to top Go down
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Executioner
Cirque D'Ciel IX

Chinese zodiac : Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What Started With a Train Heist   What Started With a Train Heist I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 pm

"That's correct, ma'am. I've been hearing that a group of bandits were going around and taking things that doesn't belong to them. However; seeing that you went and snatched that stolen bag, I had no choice but to intervene." The male replied back as his mare galloped at the same speed as the stolen horse that the elven warrior was currently occupying. He found it quite strange that the woman didn't retaliate in any sort of way when he approached, nor did she show any signs of hostility. Maybe he will try to convince the woman to return the stolen items back to where they originally belong to. When the woman replied by saying-- " Oh uh... I was gonna return them, I know the town is in the other direction but the men chasing me would have been hard to loose in the open so I was heading for the safety of the trees." That's pretty much an unlikely story since she was the one who knocked them off their horse, stole their bag and hat full of goods and ride off without even going near the train itself. It was obviously that the woman was lying, but why try to tell her the obvious when the cloaked male gave her a certain ' You Ain't Foolin' Anyone ' look towards her. Despite the fact that she was secretly lying, the male decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. When the woman tipped her hat to introduce herself, he could faintly see some of the jewels on the top of her cranium. Its official, she stole more than she can bargain for. Pretending to not acknowledge that, he went and introduce himself by saying-- "My name is Cirque D'Ciel IX; it's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Shale."

After taking away the bag and finish examining the strange necklace between her breast, he can tell that this special necklace allows her to absorb any sort of attack that is magically infused with dark energy and strangely merge it to create light energy. Shale's prized possession could be a very useful item to assimilate and combined with his Life Fource; However, the male wasn't a big fan of thievery, and he will not go far into going and stealing the woman's item. When the elven warrior told him something that doesn't catch his interest at all, he would reply and say-- "Ah, I see." With that out of the way, Revolento continued to say-- "I would like to say thank you for doing the right thing other than taking away someone else's belongings without their permission. Come; we're going back to the train and giving back their belongings. Once then, we'll go and have something to eat. My treat~!" This boy feels really confident into bringing along someone he doesn't know with him and gesturing them with an invitation to eat with the said stranger in the process. Some say that's basically his true nature in a nutshell... or maybe he's just feeling quite generous today. Who knows?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Started With a Train Heist   What Started With a Train Heist I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:39 am

"Sir-kay De-seal the fourth?" She would pronounce slowly double checking she was sounding it out right. "That's a long name... Maybe I'll just call you number four." It was a bad joke so she decided to change the subject fast. He'd mentioned food. That word was magic to her ears. Though perhaps it was best to act human. No need to show this person her real appetite and scare him away. She'd simply eat whatever was put in front of her and act like it was enough. "Something to eat right now sounds pretty good actually." Shale gave the reins a whip and sent her... eh someone's horse back to the train. Which wasn't very far since it had coasted their way since the robbery.

When they got there she gave her horse a tug and the motion to stop and hopped off to the side still having one of the two bags of jewels herself. "Alright we'll give everything back but let's not get too hasty. You may not have to worry with me, but not everyone is honest as I am. First of all we don't know what belongs to who. We should pass out some blank papers through the train and have people write what was stolen from them. That way they are less likely to lie and claim something is theirs that isn't."

It would be a long and tedious process, one that would take over an hour to conduct. Taking out items reading from the many papers and calling out the name that matches with it. Luckily no item was claimed by two people and it seemed the sorting system has worked. However, when all was said and done there was one stone left behind as if 'luck' had decided no one would take it. How did it get in the pile then? Shale had to wonder. It was in fact not luck that Shale had found the stone but rather the luck of stone that had sought out and found her; that was the way that its mysterious power worked. "Hmm looks like one's left!" She gave a guilty smile knowing that it was unlikely that he'd believe her and that he'd probably think he was just as entitled to it as her. "I guess there's no other choice but that I'll just have to keep it," she warmly suggested. "Today must be my lucky day!" Her eyes then shifted to the stranger. "So what about that food? You said something about food earlier right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Started With a Train Heist   What Started With a Train Heist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Started With a Train Heist
Page 1 of 1