Fragmented Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fragmented Tales

Bringin' Roleplay back to how it was. If you are new here, do not fret to ask questions. We are here to help you.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adaptation Tournament

Go down 
+8
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Kyoko Snackattack Sakura
Overdrive Ostrich
Vega
Alcyone Centauri
Black Rock Shooter
Dante Nephilim Redgrave
Goku
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Adaptation Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:46 am

It's time for some of the strongest characters and the weakest characters to trade places and see if its the brains controlling the character or the power behind them that wins.

In this tournament all the competitors will be cloned and rebuilt with the segments of the brain that control conscience decision swapped randomly. Parts of the brain that allow the control of powers, balance, and muscle memory will remain with their original bodies. This means when a new person takes control of the body, they will be as skilled as the original and will forget any experience they had in their original body. In essence, you will be playing with someone else's character.

This is the truest test to see how well one can adapt with what they've been given. It also is a chance to see how well you know others and what they are capable of doing.

It is up to the original owner of their character to decided the limit of their character's powers and to remind someone using their character if they are exceeding the limitations. It is also a chance to learn about someone new and try battling in a way that is not as comfortable to you. It's always interesting to see how someone else would act in your shoes so let the games begin.

Once the maximum multiple of two is achieved (4 players or 8 or 16) the tournament will begin. You may enter two characters if you want more of a chance to win but no more. Also if you have multiple characters at least one of them must be your main character.

People entering so far:

Original→→→→→→→→→New Body
    Group A
  1. Shale Ahneahe→→→→Blazer→→→→→→→→→→→Blazer
  2. Goku→→→→→→→→→Wesker
  3. Dante→→→→→→→→→Vega
  4. Black Rock Shooter→→Shale Ahneahe→→→→→→Dante
    Group B
  5. Oreh→→→→→→→→→Dante→→→→→→→→→→→→→→
  6. Yayoi Kise→→→→→→Akane
  7. Vega→→→→→→→→Kid Goku (to keep him in the same league)
  8. Albert Wesker→→→→Link
    Group C
  9. Setsuna Higashi→→Sakura Kimoto
  10. Eon→→→→→→→→Yayoi Kise→→→→→→→→→→→→
  11. Ganondorf→→→→→Black Rock Shooter→→→→→→→
  12. Akane→→→→→→→Eon→→→→→→→→→→→→→→
    Group D
  13. Link→→→→→→→→Oreh→→→→→→→→→→→→→→
  14. Blazer→→→→→→→Ganondorf
  15. Sakura Kimoto→→→Setsuna Higashi
  16. Night Terror→→→→Night Terror→→→→→→→→→→

Round One: Adapt to New Body
    1 vs 3: Winner =1
    2 vs 5: Winner = 5
    3 vs 1: Winner = 1
    4 vs 7: Winner = 4
    5 vs 2: Winner = 5
    6 vs 13: Winner = 13
    7 vs 4: Winner = 4
    8 vs 12: Winner = 12
    9 vs 11: Winner = ?
    10 vs 15: Winner = 10
    11 vs 9: Winner = ?
    12 vs 8: Winner = 12
    13 vs 6: Winner = 13
    14 vs 16: Winner = 16
    15 vs 10: Winner = 10
    16 vs 14: Winner = 16

Round 1 Arena:
    The arena is a sealed sphere that is a full mile in diameter. It consists of separate regions.

North: mountains and cliffs and a waterfall that leads into a river
    East: sand dunes
    South: abandoned buildings made of wood and steel they are separated by swampy lakes and connected by bridges
    West: conifer and deciduous forest and a river that comes from the north regions waterfall
    Center: solid flat normal ground
    Up: sky
    Down: caves

An additional note is the arena walls will drain magic and energy from any who touch them. It is advised to avoid them at all costs and forcing an opponent against the wall is an acceptable means to defeat them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Round 2: Adapt to Teamwork
    In this round you are given the chance to choose a new body (as long as it is not one of your characters and was one of the survivors), or perhaps the more logical decision, to choose your teammate (as long as someone has not already taken that person or you for that matter. Part of strategy includes finding the best way to take out or survive your deadliest enemies, sometimes this simply means allying with them for one round.

To survive this round your team must win, even at the cost of your life. As long as one member a team remains both go into the second round. So sacrificing your life to a cause may in fact save you. Alternatively, betraying your teammate will do nothing to gain you an advantage.

Posting order: Order does not matter, except for these two rules:

1) You may only post once per round.
    2) A round ends when all 4 have posted once or 4 days have expired since the last post.

Team A: Black Rock Shooter's Dante & ----------
    Team B: Akane's Eon & Shale's Blazer
    Team C: ---------- & ----------
    Team D: ---------- & ----------

Round 2 Arena:
    The sphere will remain the same size (a full mile in diameter) allowing for sneaking locating and ambushing skills. It will include the same energy draining field as a perimeter that may be used as a weapon. There will be caves and sky however the field of play will be an icy volcano. Foggy blizzards and mild hail will bombard those outside the volcano, warm slightly toxic sulfurous gasses will emerge from its active interior. Caves will lead into the volcano that will be ideal temperatures. The inside will glow orange from a mini magma creator. Standing directly above the rising heat will be lethal to a human. Iron catwalks will surround the inside of the volcano at regions that are unpleasantly hot and foul but not to the point of damaging a human.

Please note Goku in full power will be reduced to kid Goku to make him in the same league as everyone else. Imorii will also be avoiding this fight as her powers are an unfair advantage.

The character roster is set, please note that you are going to be assigned fights by number. The first name is who you entered as, the second name is who's character you will fight as. Take this time to study your new character and get to know them. Your opponent's number will be revealed on New's Year's Day.

Posting a starter may be done on either forum's Arena:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Entries that do not start a post or reply if one has been started by January 10th are eliminated. Each person has 3 days to reply there after to respond or will be considered killed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Imorii on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 25 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:19 am

Yep, I'm good to go.
Back to top Go down
Goku
Epic
Goku

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 am

I'll give it a shot. Why not.
Back to top Go down
Dante Nephilim Redgrave
Nubtart
Dante Nephilim Redgrave

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 pm

If I do this, I better not get no PreCure.

Or the...... Pfffff, Fairy!

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the White Void. We are legion. WE ARE ANO--....."
Back to top Go down
Black Rock Shooter
Gaurds/Army
Black Rock Shooter

Chinese zodiac : Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:30 pm

The Crowned Beast has come to conquer!
Back to top Go down
Alcyone Centauri
Epic
Alcyone Centauri

Chinese zodiac : Dog

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:32 pm

And here's the PreCure~ Here we go!
Back to top Go down
Vega
Epic
Vega

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:36 pm

A clone of me? The world isn't worthy of it, I mean, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Overdrive Ostrich
Nubtart
Overdrive Ostrich

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Me, enter such trite drivel? I shall do it, but that person needs to be careful with me.
Back to top Go down
Kyoko Snackattack Sakura
Awesomeness
Kyoko Snackattack Sakura

Chinese zodiac : Pig

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm entering too!
Back to top Go down
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Executioner
Cirque D'Ciel IX

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:59 am

"... Fine."
Back to top Go down
Akane Shiroka
Gaurds/Army
Akane Shiroka

Chinese zodiac : Cat
Location : Where the flame of destruction burns the brightest.

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:20 am

Tournament? I'm in. Just don't screw around too much in my body, I'm already in enough trouble~
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/akane.shiroka
Hero Of Time
Nubtart
Hero Of Time

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 pm

Maintaining his casual fighting stance while slashing the air with his famed weapon of all choices: The Master Sword, the Hylian Hero; who is now in the age of 17, was ready to take on those who stand against him in the field of battle. Maybe this will be a chance to actually learn more things about taking form as different people whenever cases like this occur in his life.

With or without words, the dirty-blonde male was indeed eager to take on this new challenge.
Back to top Go down
Night terror
Gaurds/Army
Night terror

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 pm

If it's not too late i'll give it a shot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Round 2:

Each of you will be given 2 choices:
You must choose a teammate or a new character.

This is first come first serve, so if someone chooses you as a teammate before you choose someone then you cannot choose a teammate. Also if you had someone in mind as a teammate and they get chosen then you cannot ally with them them. Pick carefully as strategy in this part is key to your success. Also by choosing a new character you forfeit your ability to choose a teammate. Any unpaired people will be randomly mixed and matched.

The list of playable survivors you can choose from (excluding your own) are as follows:

Blazer
Shale
Dante
Yayoi
Black Rock Shooter
Eon
Oreh
Night Terror

Please post your decision below.
New bodies and teams will be updated on the first post.
Back to top Go down
Black Rock Shooter
Gaurds/Army
Black Rock Shooter

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 3:01 pm

I choose Dante as my new body.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:06 pm

For Shale's Blazer:

Going to ally with Akane's ???
Back to top Go down
Akane Shiroka
Gaurds/Army
Akane Shiroka

Chinese zodiac : Cat
Location : Where the flame of destruction burns the brightest.

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:47 pm

I'll stick with Eon. Allied with Shale's Charizard.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/akane.shiroka

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:24 pm

Round II contestants have until the end of January to choose, or the choice will be made for them.
Available teammates:

Shale's Blazer Team B
Akane's Eon Team B
Black Rock's Dante
Oreh's ?
Link's Night Terror
Ganon's Yayoi
Eon's ?
Night Terror's Black Rock Shooter

Last edited by Imorii on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cirque D'Ciel IX
Executioner
Cirque D'Ciel IX

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 am

I'm feeling like giving myself another challenge... Give me Yayoi.
Back to top Go down
Hero Of Time
Nubtart
Hero Of Time

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 am

Allow me to become Night Terror, if you may.
Back to top Go down
Night terror
Gaurds/Army
Night terror

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 am

fine i'll choose another character i have lets see i'll be pyrrha omega
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Blazer
Shale
Dante
Yayoi
Black Rock Shooter
Eon
Oreh
Night Terror

^You can only be a surviving clone.
Back to top Go down
Night terror
Gaurds/Army
Night terror

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 pm

well is BRS available?
Back to top Go down
Paradox Riddle Suzunami
Epic
Paradox Riddle Suzunami

Chinese zodiac : Horse
Location : Japan. ( Soul Society~Royal-Guards) ((Space Marines.))

PostSubject: tourament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 am

[center][i] Is this topic still opens or no's? o-o
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplayer.me/view_profile.php?member_id=314822
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adaptation Tournament   Adaptation Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adaptation Tournament
Page 1 of 1